Remember to do your annual planning and prepare for recruiting!
- Check out the Cub Hub Blog
How to build a summertime program
- Plan in advance
- Publish a summer calendar or event list (before school ends)
- Doing more than one activity during each month will give more scouts the opportunity to participate each month.
- Find BSA camp locations here: https://www.bmcbsa.org/summer-camps
- Scouts can attend summer scout camps individually (with parent) or as a den/pack (also with parent)
Pack Activity ideas:
- Take attendance, scouts can earn the Summertime Pack Award by attending a pack activity each month (June, July, August) -Pins available for Tigers, Wolves, Bears, Webelos -Ribbons available for dens and packs
- Check out this post from Cubscoutideas.com Examples: Meet at the park and play, lumberjack competition, picnic, hike, campfire, armpit fudge?!, Raingutter regatta, Kickball, Water rockets, paper rockets. water games
- Go to http://www.visittri-cities.com/events/ and search for local kid friendly events to attend as a pack.
- Guide to safe scouting
- Bryan on scouting blog: The right way to take your Cub Scouts swimming or boating
- aquatic safety page